However, the first thing we did Thursday when we arrived was take an airport shuttle down to Tacoma to pick up our new car. It's a Prius C. Last year, Toyota came out with several new Prius models, including the Prius C, which is the smallest Prius. It isn't as small as a Honda Fit, but it is pretty small. The color is called "Ocean [something or other]." I picked it out without much input from the rest of the family, and now they are deciding that it is a "girly" color. Oops. Guess it's my car! So, Katherine and I drove around Thursday afternoon and evening, got back to the Des Moines Municipal Marina about 7 hours after picking up the car, and noticed that it had a chip in the windshield! Fuck! We didn't notice getting hit by a piece of gravel or anything, but we must have.
Friday after we visited Mike, we went over to Seattle. View of Seattle from west Seattle. The two black things in the water are scuba divers. There was a nicely dressed couple on the beach, who had a photographer taking pictures of them. Katherine and I thought maybe they were having engagement photos taken, and that they didn't see the scuba divers in the background. We thought it would be funny if the photographer went back to his studio before he realized all the nice engagement photos had been photo-bombed by scuba divers.
After we got to downtown, we walked through Pike Place, then sat in the sun in the park next to Pike Place. The photo above is looking toward where we took the first photo, with the scuba divers in it. The park was fairly crowded. The people to our left (just out of the frame of the photo above) were smoking something that was not tobacco. A short while later, a woman came along and tried to sell them some marijuana.
Someone painted over the "not" in the "Do not feed the birds" sign, so it said, "Do feed the birds." The woman and girl in the foreground spent a lot of time playing chase while we were there. It was a park where the sun, tourists, marijuana smoking, sun-bathing, painted out "not", playing children, and general overall atmosphere was pretty relaxed.
I don't buy books, Katherine does. She buys enough books, that I figure I can just read hers. Here she is, reading me a funny part from one of the ten books she bought Friday. It's Dorothy Sayers, "Strong Poison."
Our schedule for today (Saturday) - we are off to visit Mike this morning. His shaver battery is dying, so he asked us to buy him a new shaver yesterday, which we did, and I'm sure he's waiting for us to bring him the new one. Then we will come back to the boat and tidy up a bit. Craig and Adrian arrive late afternoon - 4:30-ish. I am thinking we should eat at The Scotch and Vine tonight, since we haven't been there yet. They have pretty good food, and it's fairly close to the marina. http://www.scotchandvine.com/





No comments:
Post a Comment