Friday, July 18, 2014

18 July - And We're Out Of Here

Big weather change overnight.  It's now overcast and winds are out of the south at 5-15 knots and the forecast is for more of the same.  We're out of here as soon as the harbourmasters office is open (I need to settle up the bill and get the key for the pump-out station).  I picked up another fuel jug so we'll get another 5 gallons of diesel before we head out.
Broke in the new galley stove last night, warming up a can of beef stew.  Adrian and Kyle declared that canned beef stew was only for emergency use, when everything else on the boat had been eaten.  Adrian renamed it "meef stew",  as in "maybe/mostly beef".  They enjoyed it so much that we went out to a restaurant for a second dinner later.
The SPOT beacon seems to be working now.  I reactivated it and cycled the unit off/on.  I just checked the SPOT link ("Where is Asterix") and it shows us in the correct spot.
No internet or cell phone for the next several days, probably not until we get to Shearwater, if then.

No comments:

Post a Comment