I am pleased with quality of videos my two-year-old Samsung phone takes. I don't think it looks like a cellphone video at all (okay, they look great on my computer, but when I upload them to the blog, they don't look so good).
We are in Deep Bay late this morning because of high winds just south of here off Qualicum Beach (http://www.qualicumbeach.com/cms.asp?wpID=1), which are quickly dying down . Because of this, Craig plans only to go as far as Comox today, and not Campbell River, as originally planned.
When I paid the harbor fees yesterday, the harbormaster asked if we wanted power and water. I said yes, so he told me the boat should pull in to C dock, that there was lots of room there, and it was one of the only docks with both power and water. The boat pulls in fairly late - sometime close to 7:00 p.m. - after the harbormaster's office had been closed for several hours. Immediately upon docking, a commercial fisherman came down the dock and told us the dock was only for commercial boats. We had to explain this is where the harbormaster told us to dock. The fisherman said they had been fighting for a long time to get dock space designated for commercial boats. It seems the harbormaster had inserted us (intentionally or unintentionally?) into the middle of marina politics/turf war. It was a little awkward.
Deep Bay
Asterix on the end, tied up with the fishing boats


No comments:
Post a Comment